2018-05-10

OMEGA Seamaster 300 Co-Axial LAPIS LAZULI & MALACHITE

Omega has released a quartet of über high-end Seamaster 300s for those with a more discerning palate. Hrrrk! Excuse me, I almost choked on my coffee.

The collection includes 4 models: two in Platinum and two in 18k Yellow Gold. These can be had with one of two special dials made with either Lapis Lazuli (blue) or Malachite (green).

Nothing official has been released, in fact in cases like these where the watches are of such a special nature, shall we say, PR is seldom sent out.



The dials have been created using delicate slices of each of the semi-precious stones which have had their markers engraved and filled with vintage-style lume.

Basic specs. include: an Omega Cal. 893 Co-Axial Master Chronometer with an Si hairspring an anti-magnetic-resistance to more than 15000 Gauss, a ceramic bezel inlay and 300m of WR.

The watches will be available from October this year. Here’s the fun part – their MSRPs:



SM300 18K Lapis Lazuli 37500CHF / SM300 18K Malachite 32500CHF / SM300 Plat. Lapis Lazuli 59000 / SM300 Plat. Malachite 64000. Now, I really have choked on my coffee. Hrrrk, hrrrk!

There isn’t anything wrong with the blue variant per se, but the green? I’m not saying that the combination of Yellow Gold and Malachite is a hideous (yes, I am), I’m just saying Omega has a certain customer in mind that isn’t me. Is it you? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

OceanicTime Archives