By TLex I have just received issue #8 of OMEGA's Lifetime Magazine, The Water Edition. This cracking read which includes some excellent articles and gorgeous features with stunning photography themed around our beloved element, is a must-read for anyone, who loves the ocean, dive watches and Omega. The publication is available from OMEGA Boutiques now; there is also an iPad version.
Some Highlights Include:
* RISING TO THE OCCASION An in-depth with Olympic swimmer and OMEGA brand ambassador Michael Phelps, who talks through his preparation and training for the 2012 London Olympics.
* SEA OF CHANGE Eco-activist, Bill McKibben looks at the current state of our oceans and calls for environmental action .
* AGE OF AQUARIUS By Jon Wallis. A look at the the forerunner to the modern dive watch, the 135 meter water-resistant OMEGA 'Marine' from the 1930s.
* PLANET OCEAN 2.0 A concise overview of the new Planet Ocean family by Jon Wallis.
* A SHARK's TALE Golfing Legend and OMEGA brand ambassador Greg Norman's encounter with Great White sharks.
* THE DEEP A stunning pictorial featuring the smoking-hot modern-day mermaid and Canadian world champion free-diver, Jana Strain and the new PO line.
* PLANET OCEAN A story about environmentalist and filmmaker, Yann Arthus-Bertrand's film-collaboration with OMEGA Watches.
* DIVE WATCH MECHANICS Another great read from Jon Wallis, who incidentally is a friend and reader of OceanicTime. Jon is also the creator of Deskdivers.com, Ploprof.com and is the author of the OMEGA Ploprof book.