By TLex Last year Swiss watch manufacturer, ORIS took us to the Great Barrier Reef with their special edition diver. This year's destination is the Maldives, where ORIS also aim to help protect Marine life that includes endangered species like the majestic Manta Ray, which ORIS have payed homage to by featuring a Manta Ray logo on the caseback of the new diver. ORIS will be donating 20CHF to environmental NGO Bluepeace with each of the 2'000 Limited Edition Maldives dive watches sold. It's nice to see watch companies getting involved with marine conservation, I wish more would do it especially when we consider the huge markups there are on big brand Swiss watches.
The Maldives LE features a 43mm titanium case with a double domed AR coated sapphire crystal and a water-resistance or 300m / 1000 ft or 30bar. It is fitted with an automatic helium valve at (9 o’clock) and a stainless steel screw-down crown (3 o’clock) guarded by titanium crown protectors, which are fixed with distinctive Oris screws for added security. The unidirectional rotational divers bezel has a stunning dark blue ceramic inlay engraved with a 60 minute scale which can be used for precision timing for diving. The indices and hands of the Maldives LE have been applied with Swiss Superluminova in dark orange for increased legibility of the time / dive time even when under water.
From ORIS Stop the Countdown for the Maldives With each Oris Maldives Limited Edition watch a contribution of 20 CHF is made to Bluepeace. Following the success of the Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition in 2010, Oris proudly presents the Maldives Limited Edition Series for 2011. Limited to 2000 pieces, CHF 20 per watch will be donated to environmental NGO Bluepeace, to help protect endangered marine life in the Maldives.
Available in a titanium case, the back of this unique divers watch features the Manta Ray Logo, paying homage to the endangered species. The dark blue ceramic inlay on the unidirectional revolving top ring comes with an engraved 60 minute scale which can be used for precision timing for diving and other sporting activities. The indices and hands of the time piece are in Superluminova dark orange – resulting in an easy to read timepiece even when under water.
The logo on the back of the Oris Maldives Limted Edition watch shows the famous and endangered Manta Rays. The titanium crown protector is fixed with distinctive Oris screws for added security and the double curved sapphire crystal is coated with an inside anti-reflex layer. The buckles of the rubber strap and metal bracelet can easily be adjusted to the desired length for comfortable fitting. Water resistant to 30bar (300 m 1000 ft), the Oris Maldives Limited Edition is perfect for serious Scuba Divers along with those looking for the stylish aesthetics of a beautiful functional divers watch.
* Oris Maldives Limited Edition No. 643 7654 7185 RS or MB, Ø 43.00mm Limited to 2000 pieces
* Automatic mechanical movement Oris 643 with centre hands for both hours and minutes, subsidiary second at 9h, date window
* Multi-piece Titanium case with unidirectional revolving top ring and ceramic inlay with engraved 60 minutes scale
* Inside and outside doomed sapphire crystal with non reflective coating on the inside
* Automatic helium valve at 9 o’clock position and stainless steel screw-in crown at 3 o’clock position
* Case back with special Manta Ray logo
* Water resistant to 30 bar / 300 metres
* Blue dial with applied indices filled with Superluminova in dark orange colour
* Easy adjustable black rubber strap with folding clasp or
* Multi-piece titanium metal bracelet with folding clasp
* Set Multipurpose soft pouch and Limited edition certificate