2019-11-13

CERTINA DS Action Diver COSC-Certified

Easy there tiger, put down that box of tissues!

Yes, these are new COSC-Certified DS Action Divers and yes, they do come with lovely new green and blue sunburst dials etc.



However they come with one major caveat (yes, I finally got to use that word – I’m joking I’ve used it before) –



They are all Quartz powered - via ETA F07.412 quartz, Precidrive™, COSC-certified movements no less. Functions include: Hours, minutes, seconds, date, EOL (End-of-life display).



It’s a shame really cos’ I quite like the way the dials are setup with the large Arabic 12hr and the date window perfectly balanced at 6 rather than 3.



Speaking of which, these dials proudly sport the word, “CHRONOMETER” instead of “POWERMATIC 80”! It that makes you feel better.



So what else is different? There’s a new narrow aluminum bezel which comes in the same color as the dial. That’s about it!



There are a total of four variants: black, blue, green and Titanium. The steel variants have a UK MSRP of 525GBP, while the Titan version comes in at 665GBP.



Thoughts? I'm not knocking quartz movements, they certainly have their place and I have a few myself - they're convenient but so are public restrooms. :-/

https://www.certina.com/

3 comments:

  1. i bought the sun burst blue dial variant (C032.451.11.047.00) and just love it. I love the accuracy of the precidrive stated at somee +/-10 sec per year. I only wish there was an orange color dial and matching bezel version I would buy that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the build quality is as good as it gets..

    ReplyDelete
  3. the same company make some panerai,certina, cartier watch facesto same precision but I dont know if invicta have the same qc. The supervisor wears an old certina dive watch and I bought longine classic quartz watch in 2002 and its still going now , even the battery lasts over 5 years.

    ReplyDelete

OceanicTime Archives