By TLex Five years, five fantastic dive watches - each with its own historical reference. They form an eclectic mix of retrospective models that have been equipped with modern day divers features created using the latest in dive watch making technologies.
From their debut model, the Le GRAND that was inspired by the one of the most iconic dive watches; it set a precedent for the way in which the Spanish watch company would continue to revisit, update and upgrade past models making them relevant today while retaining much of their vintage appeal.
The TEKTITE, harking back to the epic underwater Tektite Missions of the 60s and 70s that saw four of the participating aquanauts establish new SAT diving world records.
The CAYMAN 3000 with its standout features such as its 3000 meters of water-resistance, its stunning highly domed bezel and striking lumed ceramic caseback.
More recently, the L’OCEAN 1200, a tribute to the legendary ZRC Grands Fonds. It pipped the ZRC re-edition to the post by a year.
And so, after a longer development time than usual, CREPAS have finally unveiled their 2015 model, the new DECOMASTER, a professional divers watch that is the culmination of the past half a decade’s work in the field of dive watches.
Instead of looking for inspiration off the known pages of history, CREPAS have revisited a prototype watch. In this instance, the particular model is little known, as it never went into full production as it was an experimental model with only three pieces that were ever made of it.
The way in which CREPAS approached the construction of the DECOMASTER compiled everything that they have achieved during the past five years. Five full years spent learning and experiencing; a journey that begun with the Le Grand yet unavoidably resulted in the divers model that you see before you, today.
In this regard, CREPAS have been working for many months to build a watch from scratch, in which all of its components were absolutely new, paying attention to every detail and trying to improve what they have manufactured thus far.
The DECOMASTER is this watch; an extreme diver, with a water resistant of 4000 meters, a user friendly interchangeable bezel system that includes a chromatic depth gauge, a simple yet effective means of measuring depth by use of color.
Both the crystal and the caseback thickness had to be increased to improve the watch’s water-resistance, so for this reason, CREPAS have called upon an ETA 2892-A2 caliber to power their newest dive watch. Keeping the watch’s 15 reasonable millimeters of thickness was no mean feat.
The key to a successful increase in water-resistance is the ability to improve upon or at least maintain the watch’s degree of comfort and ergonomics, which CREPAS have achieved with great success with the new DECOMASTER.
My congratulations to CREPAS for reaching their 5 year milestone, and on the release of what promises to be another wonderful addition to the CREPAS dive watch family. Interested parties should CONTACT CREPAS Watches directly.
New to CREPAS – wondering what a CREPAS diver look like in the steel? Check ‘em out: the TEKTITE and the L’OCEAN 1200M
- Diameter of the bezel: 44 mm
- Diameter of the case with crown guard: 44,65mm
- Thickness: 15mm
- Length: 55mm
- Thickness of the crystal: 5mm
- Diameter of the crystal: 31,00mm
- Space between lugs: 22mm
- Diameter of the crown: 7,50mm
- Thickness of the bezel: 4,70mm
- Thickness of the case back cover: 3,20mm
- Case, bezel, crown and case cover made of stainless steel 316L with brushed finished; straight, circular and radial effects.
- Crystal and bezel inlay made of sapphire.
- Gaskets made of Viton and Tefzel.
- Rubber for diver strap and nylon for ZULU strap.
- Hands, dial and bezel with yellow Superluminova.
- Swiss ETASA 2892-A2 TOP grade.
- Water resistant 400 atmos. / 4000 meters/ 13120 ft. Screwed crown and case back cover.
- Inside AR coated anti scratch crystal.
- 120 positions bezel with screws system to extracting.
- Three bezels available with different functions: 60 minutes counter, no decompression limits and chromatic depth gauge.
- Two minute hands available with different shape.
- Automatic helium valve at 2 position.
- DECOMASTER with a bezel to be chosen among the three available designs.
- Minute hand to be chosen, factory assembled. The other design is included in the kit.
- Rubber strap available in: black, orange, dark red or blue.
- ZULU two pieces.
- Airtight packaging case.
- Allen tool and tool to change straps.
- Chamois cloth, brochure, warranty card, stud-bolts and extra screws.
- Water-resistance certificate provided by an independent laboratory.
- Rubber in different colors.
- ZULU two pieces.
- Mesh bracelet
PRICING: Until the launch of the prototype, approximately by the end of November, it will have a promotional price of 743 euros + 21% VAT. Non EU residents will be exempted from VAT payment. Shipping cost not included.
Once the first images of the prototype have been shown, the price will increase up to 908 € + 21% VAT. Non EU residents will be exempted from VAT payment. Shipping cost not included.
PAYMENT: 249 euros to book your unit and after that, you decide how you pay the balance.
PROTOTYPE: Available end of November.
LIMITED EDITION: Available from October 15th until December 31st 2015.
ORDER: Email to email@example.com
DELIVERY: May 2016.