2011-10-05

GUY DAVID Diver

By TLex Many thanks to the reader in the Holland, who unearthed this interesting little diver. The GUY DAVID Diver sports a large 47mm stainless steel case and a water-resistance of 200 meters. At first glance it looks quite ordinary, but in fact it has quite a nice vintage inspired case with a cool side profile; I couldn’t tell you exactly where the inspiration came from, though. The case is given a touch of utility with large hex-key lug screws and pronounced coin edge bezel teeth.



There’s even a Seamaster style manual Helium escape valve. The crown, which is sans guard, gives it a vintage-mil vibe, which is furthered by its Mil-Sub dial layout and swords hands. The black bezel insert has large Arabic markers; I have to say I find them a little too much on this watch, they kind of spoil it for me. I’m not too crazy about the Cyclops either, and I’m afraid to say its mineral crystal all the way.



Beating away under the hood is a Japanese mechanical, a Miyota caliber; I would guess the 8215, but it could be the new 9015. Either way you can’t go far wrong. I have no idea, who Guy David is, most likely some fictitious character. I don't find myself reaching for the credit card, but that's not to say the watch is without merit; I like the case, the hex-key screws and its bezel, but it's ultimately let down by its lack of sapphire crystal.



The GUY DAVID Diver sells for 200€ and is available online from AC Watch Co. who carry the complete line of Guy David mechanical wristwatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OceanicTime Archives