2010-01-12

ESQ By Movado Submerible



By TLex I've resisted the temptation to post these for the best part of a week now. As they didn't really excite me. But with so few new releases at the moment, I thought I best post something, it's hopefully the quiet before the storm that will be SIHH.

Lets see what the ESQ Submeribles have going for them. Both have 42mm high grade stainless steel cases that house Swiss made Selitta SW200 automatic movements with 26 jewels; black Arabic / marker dials. One version comes with a stainless steel bracelet and the other with a black bezel and black leather strap. MSRPs are 595USD & 495USD respectively.

Of the the two I find the black bezeled version a little more attractive, but I think I'd prefer it on a bracelet. I'm seeing a hint of Eterna in the dial markers, which is a plus, BUT shouldn't anything called Submersible at least conform with ISO standards for a dive watch? 100m doesn't really do it for me, I'm afraid . . .

BTW, Movado have a 43mm diver in their new 800 series called the Sub Sea, that one is rated to 200m, but is (in my opinion) even less exciting than these . . .




© Movado

No comments:

Post a Comment

OceanicTime Archives