From BREITLING Having establishing its mastery of the skies, Breitling set off to conquer the seas by launching the Superocean, a professional diver’s watch that also gained a following among the first scuba diving enthusiasts. Some 50 years later, under the “Héritage” banner, this same design still holds a special place among Breitling’s “instruments for professionals”.
In celebrating its 125th anniversary, Breitling has chosen to issue a limited series of this great classic. Like the original model, this Superocean Héritage Chronographe carries the historical Breitling signature topped by the stylized letter B in 18-carat gold, and also features the same luminescent triangular hour hand that already enabled unequivocal read-off even in the darkness prevailing at great depths.
Another characteristic detail lies in the dial with its two counters arranged horizontally at 9 and 3 o’clock, available in Volcano black, Stratus silver and Gun blue versions and produced in limited series of 1,000 in each of these shades.
The equally exclusive choice of wristbands comprises the Ocean Classic in woven steel reflecting the original bracelet and lending the watch its unique appearance; and the Ocean Racer rubber strap with its resolutely sporting style. The distinctive design of the Superocean Héritage Chronographe is matched by its technical performances.
Its imposing steel case measuring 46 mm in diameter and water-resistant to 200 meters (660 feet) houses Breitling Caliber 23, a sturdy high-precision movement officially chronometer-certified by the COSC, as indeed are all Breitling movements.
• Breitling caliber 23 automatic winding
• frequency of 28,800 alternations per hour
• officially certified chronometer by COSC
• 25 jewels
• chronograph to 1 / 4 second, 30 minutes totalizer.
• steel, 46 mm in diameter
• Submersible to 200 m/20 bars
• screw crown
• Unidirectional rotating bezel with ratchet
• sapphire crystal domed, anti-reflective treatment on both sides.
• Volcano color black, silver and Stratus Blue Gun.
• Ocean Racer in rubber or Ocean Classic bracelet in braided steel.