Dive Watch Releases / Articles

2009-11-14

Behind Bars (Banged up with the BURAN Stingray)



By TLex
God forbid, but if I should ever have to serve time, I could wish for no better cellmate than a BURAN Stingray. There is something utterly unique yet so familiar about it. I have found myself quite drawn to it, so much so that I have put my rubles where mouth is and ordered one.


Although Swiss made and housing a Swiss automatic movement, its strong styling cues such as the protective bars over its sapphire crystal and canteen crown protector come directly from behind the iron curtain.



The Stingray is all diver, it features a 60 click unidirectional rotational divers bezel with a huge crown protector. And is depth rated to 300 meters.


A limited edition of only 500 pieces the Stingray comes in a number different dial colors and finishes. That’s 3 satin finished cases; with a choice of black, yellow (lume) or half black half yellow dials. And two PVD finished cases; one with a yellow dial and one with half black half yellow dial.


© OceanicTime

If truth be told the half black and half yellow dialed version is the nicest and most contemporary of the five. I have to admit to liking that one best however at 52mm I thought better of getting this version and opted for the slightly more stayed all black dial version with a satin finished case.


Russia2All.com where I have ordered mine from are offering them for 3999USD. Stay tuned for a full review and plenty of pics . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment