Dive Watch Releases / Articles


BURAN Stingray (Sport Diver)

By TLex Don't worry OceanicTime isn't turning red, but I have to admit I have been checking out one or two Russian divers of late. And the Swiss made Buran Stingray certainly didn't avoid my radar! OK, it did, it was actually first shown at Basel in 2007, but I'm picking it up loud and clear now, and I gotta admit I'm kind of impressed.

In true Russian military watch style; it's colossal, has a canteen-lid crown protector and protective bars over the crystal. It's 52mm case is made from titanium and is water-resistant to 300m. Its bezel is the rotatable type, too. There are three dial versions (see below). The Stingray is Limited to 500 pieces. The retail is high on these, around 7,000USD but I've seen them going for less than half of that.

* Swiss Made
* Movement ETA 7750
* Automatic winding, 25 jewels
* Hours, minutes, seconds
* Date calendar
* Diving watch, 30 atm water resistant
* Sapphire glass
* Titanium case
* Screw-in back cover
* Screw-in crown with safety capsule
* Diameter 52 mm
* Height 18 mm, with safety frame 21 mm
* Weight with strap about 197g
* Genuine rubber strap
* Strap lag 24 mm
* Limited to 500 pcs

© Buran